Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Twins

I'm really not a fan of Gwyneth, she always seems so daft and aloof. She named her first child Apple and she lived on a macrobiotic diet for a long time. She has that annoying spanish cooking show where she fluffs about Spain being exposed to THE most amazing meals but only manages to barely nibble a mouthful here and there. Oh I could go on, but I won't bore you. I'm not a fan, I won't labour that point.

So imagine my surprise when I read this article here:

http://celebrity-babies.com/2009/03/16/gwyneth-paltrow-says-school-search-is-unbelievable/

Sure, she sounds like a stuck up twit, surprise surprise but she and I actually have something in common. A little condition I have named "preschool panic". My poor friends and family. They have had to listen to me ranting on about schools since before my daughter was born.

I'm not sure what I want exactly, but none of the preschool options in Sydney seem desirable to me. Same with primary schools. My little girl is only 1 so it isn't like I need to decide today but I can't stop thinking about it. I have enrolled her a couple of 'big' schools and one preschool but still I'm not satisfied. Why have I become this insane parent?! I am horrified at myself!

My daughter is bright and friendly. She is as cute as a button and very funny. I'm sure she will do fine wherever she goes. At the end of the day, at 3 years of age I'm sure all they do is play with Lego, sing some songs and paint the odd finger painting or two. Rationally I understand this but I still won't rest til I find a really special preschool for my precious little tinker.

Lucky for my now twin Gwyneth, she has found a place for Moses. I'm still doing the high pitched panic about where to send my little one!

2 comments:

  1. It is such a hard decision. I have never spent so much time obsessing over anything , as i have over prep classes ! Good Luck with it all !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good I'm glad it isn't just me and good old Gwynnie! I think I might have found a nice preschool today. Will attend an info session in May so fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete