Friday, August 14, 2009

Fast Friday Funny - Telemarketers

Usually I say "no thank you" and hang up on telemarketers but I think I might have something really special up my sleeve after seeing this amusing video below. Check it out. I think this Fast Friday Funny will definitely make you smile. For the non-aussies, turn the sound up because the accents are rather broad Australian ones so you'll want to hear it clearly.



I will be back later this afternoon. Yes, I know you are all itching to hear who wins the amazing giveaway this week!
As some of you know I have managed to secure an appointment with the famous neurosurgeon Dr Charlie Teo for my beautiful best friend Alli. We are headed there today. Please continue to pray for her, cancer is evil but Alli has a fighting spirit, with all of your good thoughts she will get through.
xx

10 comments:

  1. he's a hottie! man i love you aussies! keeping alli in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The telemarketer sounds just like my mother-in-law. Could she have a secret life we don't know about? My husband is Australian but I am American and we live in the States. He will love this clip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that I have been keeping Alli in my prayers. After my husband's breif fight (and victory) with cancer this year, I can fathom slightly how you are all feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend had a few meetings with him for a health scare she had, and she said he was pretty amazing.

    If anyone can fight cancer, Charlie can.

    Wishing your friend much strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! I never would have thought to be nice to them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How utterly lovely. What a sweetheart, not to mention an incredibly patient, tolerant person.

    I'm the type to hang up as soon as I hear that momentary lapse and 'click' that dominate the seconds before a telemarketer voice appears. And if I see Mormons on the streets of our neighbourhood, I lock the door and stay still. Very still and quiet...

    Thoughts to Alli.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so sweet - I feel sorry for telemarketers, it's just a job after all, they're not intentionally trying to make us miserable (even if they do, by waking sleeping babies with the phone - yes I know I should unplug it).

    Nice to see someone brightening their days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is just awesome!!!!! can't wait for a telemarketer to call up sometime soon haha thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always too nice to telemarketers and they take advantage. I heard that you can get off their call list if you just tell them you want to be taken off the list so when I received another call for about the 100th time that day, I very politely told the lady with the sing song voice that I would like to be taken off the list. She ignored me and kept going with her spiel. I told her it sounded lovely but could I please be taken off the list. She said to me, still in her sing song voice, 'No, never' then hung up on me! What the? Now I'm not so polite :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Video Clip was very interesting and fun! Thanks for the blog... from that wild old lady in Florida!

    ReplyDelete