Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What's for Dinner Wednesday? Pasta Piazza

Ok so this week's recipe is a lie. Only because it isn't really what we are having at our house (we are having the rib recipe I did last Wednesday) but it is a real recipe and this week it is brought to you by Oracle one of my regular readers. Thanks Oracle!

Now she has slightly broken the rules by making something with more ingredients that I normally use on a Wednesday and she admits it uses a fair few dishes. But I figure if her husband loves it this much, then he will do the dishes and that kinda makes up for it, right?

Ok here is Oracle's recipe below and if you have a quick and easy recipe for a Wednesday please shoot me an email!

Pasta piazza (pasta square)

500gms of pasta
1kg of minced meat
2 jars of mushroom and red wine Bolognese sauce
Oregano
Basil
Garlic
2 onions
30 Gms butter
125mls Milk
1 table spoon of cornflour
2 cups of grated cheese

Method
Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius

Pasta
Boil water with a pinch of salt and a dash of olive oil
Cook pasta until Al dente

Meat
In a hot frying pan break up meat and add onions, Basil, oregano and garlic
Drain fat and brown meat.
Add two jars of sauce and let simmer for 15 minutes.

White Sauce
In a small sauce pan melt 30 Gms of butter take off heat
Mix in one tablespoon of corn flour to make paste.
Add milk leave to bubble then stir until it resembles a white sauce consistency.

Pour the pasta into a large rectangle casserole dish
Then layer meat over the pasta
Then layer white sauce over the meat
Finally top with 2 cups of cheese

Pop in the oven for 20 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius
Cheese should be golden brown.

Serves 6-8 served with a green salad or winter vegetables.


Oracle also says This is great for winter and my husband loves it a lot of people say it is lasagne with pasta but it is not layered like lasagne and
It is much yummier. It doesn’t take long but it does use a lot of dishes.

2 comments:

  1. argh! shouldnt have read this now my tummy is grumbling. maybe i should make it for tea. or lunch even! hehe thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this on Monday as my husband begged me to make it and yes he did the dishes that was the bargin. Doesn't matter what pasta you use but I usually use penne as it is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete